CARYN HONIG RD LD
Who says Mexican food has to be loaded with fat and cholesterol? It doesn't! This tasty recipe uses light margarine, low fat or fat free cheese and fat free sour cream instead of butter, regular cheese and regular sour cream. This recipe looks great and tastes even better. OLE!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey until browned and crumbly.
3. Add 1 cup salsa, spinach and cream cheese. Cook until cream cheese melts, stirring often.
4. Remove skillet from burner. Set aside
5. In a medium sized bowl combine 1 cup salsa and tomatoes. Set aside.
6. Place a small skillet on the burner set on medium heat . When the skillet is hot, take one corn tortilla and spray both sides with vegetable cooking spray. Cook in skillet about 15 seconds on each side.
7. Put approximately 1/3 cup turkey mixture in tortilla. Roll up and place seam down in a baking dish coated with vegetable spray. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
8. Pour salsa and tomatoes over tortillas.
9. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
10. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Top with sour cream.
11. Place shredded lettuce on each plate. Place enchiladas over lettuce.
12. Serve and enjoy.
Makes 12 tortillas
Nutrient Analysis Per Tortilla:
Protein: 20.17 grams
Carbohydrates: 18.26 grams
Fat: 2 grams
10.5% calories from fat