EASY CHEESY-VEGETABLE LASAGNA
BY CARYN HONIG RD LD
This recipe is one of my all-time favorites. It's easy, quick and delicious. It can be jazzed up or kept plain. When you have company, add Portabella mushrooms, Feta cheese, red, yellow and green peppers. When serving children or picky eaters, do not add any fancy vegetables-just make the basic recipe. You can do a lot with this recipe -- be creative and have fun.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine cottage and parmesan cheese.
3. Spray a 12 X 8 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
4. Place 3 uncooked noodles on the bottom of the pan.
5. Cover the noodles with 1 cup spaghetti sauce, 1/3 cheese mixture and 1/3 mozzarella cheese.
6. Spread spinach leaves, tomatoes and other vegetables on top of the cheese.
7. Repeat this layering 2 more times with noodles, sauce, cheeses and vegetables.
8. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
9. Bake for one hour.
10. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 6-8 servings
Nutrient Analysis Per Serving
(based on 1% cottage cheese and fat free mozzarella cheese):
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 25 grams
Fat: 3.38 grams
13% calories from fat